Jun 2, 2008

Asparagus cheese bake

One of the first things I baked, when I was about maybe 10 years old, was an oven baked French omelet from an old cookbook. It included flour, 1 tablespoon for each egg, and same amount of sugar. That was easy for starters, and I would make it for my brothers, and I can never forget how happy that made me! I have served it with our homemade jams.

Now, my husband likes asparagus with eggs ( and I grew up on asparagus), and I thought why not make savory bake with cheese too? Normally I just cook asparagus, and serve them as a salad/side sort of thing with hard-boiled eggs, or grilled, so it’s about time to give it a try with some other method.

So many recipes out there, but I thought of my easy omelet, and thought to make it like that, savory of course, and burden it with cheese.

Well, I have presented you with how great it looks, here is the recipe should you decide to give it a try, it is nothing special, and every bit yummy!: )

Asparagus cheese bake

½ lb asparagus approx. (1 bunch)
Butter to grease the baking dish
2 eggs
2 tbsp of flour
¼ Tsp baking powder
Salt to taste
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese ( or other kind)

Boil asparagus till just slightly tender, do not overcook. Drain. Preheat oven to 425 F.
Lightly grease the baking dish (small casserole kind) with butter.




Mix egg whites until stiff, then add yolks, and then flour, one by one tablespoon, some salt, and baking powder. Arrange asparagus any way you like in the baking dish, then pour the egg mixture in. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake until cheese melts. Enjoy! Simple, and yummy, just the way I like it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Medena, this is so creative! I can totally see myself devouring this yummy bake:)

Anonymous said...

And I have a feeling you bought yourself a new camera:) Lovely pics!

Melita said...

:)))) Yes!!! Still learning though...

Anonymous said...

This is cute and colorful. I love it.

Nic said...

Lovely looking asparagus - I'm not an egg lover but would make this for someone who is!

Anonymous said...

amazing. what an interesting recipe. you really made something cool!!
x

Anonymous said...

It looks special to me - anything that evokes happiness is VERY special!!! I bet you could try all kinds of veggies with this recipe. Thank you, dear.

xoxox Amy

test it comm said...

Asparagus baked with cheese sounds really good!

Marija said...

Never tasted asparagus :(
Can't find it here where I live. Though, this is something I would definitely love to try!

Deeba PAB said...

No asparagus where I live either...but I love this happy dish! It's really ceative & the first picture is amazing...maybe you should send in an entry for CLICK this month. The theme is YELLOW...for Bri!

Nina Timm said...

This is an all time "New" for me!!! So fantastically. amazingly different.Well done!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What an interesting recipe!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS